I would like to thank Katie at realwomenshealth http://realwomanshealth.wordpress …… for this Booker Award. Katie ‘s posts are wonderful as she is a passionate follower and researcher of topics relating to health and wellness. Please visit Real Woman’s Health for her blog covering all things about health.
I am a lover of books and reading…I have quite eclectic tastes, from spirituality to murder mysteries to classics to deeply provoking texts. I am even into my second kindle…gasp I hear from all book lovers but let me add…I still buy books in real form and always will. Simply, I was beginning to run out of space and even after donating boxes and boxes to St. Vincent de Paul’s charity and Salvation Army, I still needed more space. I have always dreamed of having a library room with floor to ceiling shelving/cabinetry, deep leather arm chairs, all wrinkled and old from use, with lamps beside, but five children, meant no library room (even lost my walk-in robe to get the fifth room for the fifth child…I considered putting her bed on a shelf in the walk -in robe but my husband thought that a bit much….so definitely no library)
Books I Have Loved Over the Years ( in no particular order): I’m supposed to only name 5 favourites…ooops
- Black Beauty was the first book I remember reading…not being able to put it down. Much later in life a friend purchased me a copy as a gift…loved the re-reading.
- Pride and Prejudice…can’t tell you how many times I’ve read and re-read that one (and watched and re-watched Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy)
- Henri Nouwen, Thomas Keating, John Main, Antony de Mello to name but a few authors of spiritual books I adore….plus numerous Buddhist texts by Thich Nhat Han and others
- The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul By Deborah Rodriguez
- Great Expectations
- The Colour of Tea by Hannah Tunnicliffe
- Cloudstreet by Tim Winton
- Dirt Music by Tim Winton
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- My Heart Wanders by Pia Jane Bijkerk
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- Joan Didions the Year of Magical Thinking.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Chocolat by Joanne Harris
- Salvation Creek by Susan Duncan
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- I am David by Anne Holm
- Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
- And more more more, can’t list all my friends
Books I am Currently Reading:
The Sound of Water by Valerie Davies…..wonderful so far!
Just One Thing:Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time by Rick Hanson
Blogs I love:
Again way too many to do this well and I’m going to choose ones I haven’t mentioned before and ones who appear well read in certain areas. Congratulations to them all;