Mindfulacting http://mindfulacting.org/ has just nominated me for the Reader Appreciation Award and I’m extremely grateful for a few reasons. Firstly, for the honour she does me by nominating me. Secondly, it gives me an opportunity to encourage you all to support her blog as she writes from a very vulnerable place and hopes to raise money for a particular charity HAWN. She does this because her brother suffered a terrible event at 18 which left him brain damaged and institutionalized for years. You should see her self-photos in her ‘about’ section. They alone are worth looking because I felt they really showed her soul without words and what a beautiful soul she seems. Plus she is French and who doesn’t want a French friend? (though she is living in UK)…parlez-vous Francaise? Je m’appelle Leanne et tu? You didn’t know I could speak school girl french did you?
Also it provides an opportunity to acknowledge some of my readers and their blogs which I love. One of the things these bloggers have in common is that also tend to comment on posts and respond to comments. The only problem is I am limited in number and will have to leave out some I love…so, in no order of preference
- Brett Batten for sharing his courageous journey through mental health and the consequences of that…..such as imprisonment and for the way he manages to challenge our thinking in this area and remove the shame from mental health and always replies to any further questions and comments.http://brettbatten.wordpress.com/
- Carrfamilyof5…for her quirky and funny and moving stories of life and people and for her kind responses http://carrpartyoffive.wordpress.com/
- Real mother…..for her hilarious posts on parenting and her own childhood memories http://denisemalloy.com/
- http://openplatforms.wordpress.com/ for her different and insightful knowledge on we human beings and our capacity for hiding behind a mask and broader topics.
- http://wonderfullywired.wordpress.com/ a blog relatively new to me but who just got freshly pressed and so deserved it as she describes her journey with her 3 very gorgeous children who have Autism, Aspergers. I have limited insight into the struggle she and hubby will face but hopefully their struggles will be reduced as society learns more and helps support these bright beautiful children.
- http://livinginthenowdotnet.wordpress.com/ Jason writes wonderfully about living in the now, as I do on my blog so he’s another one to follow if you’re interested in this area.
- http://travelphotomedia.com/ who writes and beautifully photographs on her travels….a wonderful visual experience
One of the rules of the award is I have to share 7 things about me, so here we go:
1. I have 5 young adult children of whom I am proud (even tho I have had times when I felt inclined to change the locks after they left….. but just the thought of those faces pressed up against the window with their puppy dog eyes, would have done me in!!! ) They are gorgeous and treat each other well.
2. I enjoy travelling, camping, driving and overseas holidays (just not the plane trip part of the latter and what most of you cannot understand is that living in Australia puts us a day’s plane trip away from most of you)
3. I looooove reading and may well have had to move out of home to accomodate my books before the Kindle came into existence. I have always shared my books so they do get several reads and my library includes many and varied spiritual texts from different faiths.
4. I have suffered from panic attacks since my twenties when illness and a serious car accident knocked me for six….I have made a huge recovery through spiritual knowledge, meditation, mindfulness, prayers, self-evaluation etc but the plane trips are still hell. I’ m actually a member of a meditation group and try to meditate as often as possible.
5.I am blessed with great friends and family who have always supported and loved me.
6.We have a lovely old beach house a few hours from where we live which we share with whichever friends or family needs a break or a rest or to recouperate…its small, old, simple but enough. It’s also a 5 minute walk from the beach and from a marina where hubby and I go for brekky when we are up there….so we walk everywhere up there and try to avoid using the car. I must post some pictures sometime of the area.
7. I know it’s not fashionable but I don’t really enjoy cooking…I’m over feeding the hoards…cutting and chopping for 7 plus every night. It’s a chore and I gotta do it. Sorry, but there it is….oh and I don’t think much of cleaning, washing, ironing either…shame we can’t all go naked (oh that’s not a good picture), never eat (we should never have left that Garden of Eden), and make nooo mess. Anyhoooo someone’s gotta do it, so I do
Now, because this blog is mostly about meditation and mindfulness, I will leave you with a quote from Fr. John Main osb :”Meditation is simply a way of coming to that basic healthiness of spirit, a state wherein our spirit has room to breathe, where it is not assailed and weighed down by trivia or what is merely material…..”
And my usual photo addition: